By way of our friends and neighbors at Red Hills Market we’ve put together a recipe to create the perfect pairing for this year’s lush and layered Rosé that’s bursting with juicy watermelon and strawberry. Buy a bottle of Rosé here!
- 8 lb. whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from one lime
1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz Pancetta bacon
1. Cut rind from the watermelon, then chop the fruit into 1 inch chunks.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
3. Cook Pancetta on medium heat for 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
4. Place watermelon in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing and chopped mint over the watermelon and toss gently to coat.
5. Pour crumbled feta into salad bowl and stir gently to mix the cheese into the salad. Top with crispy Pancetta and serve alongside a glass of our 2020 Rosé of Pinot noir.